Pediatricians and neonatologists most often work in programs focused on primary pediatric care, treatment of malnutrition, or reproductive health.
Their task is to care for patients, but also to cooperate with pharmacists to ensure the supply of appropriate medicines for pediatric patients. Another important part of their work is supervision and training of local health staff.
- Completed specialization in pediatrics (or neonatology)
- Current or recent clinical practice
- Registration in the Czech (or other) Medical Association
- Tropical Medicine course is an asset
- Able to go on mission for a minimum of 6 to 9 months
- Able to live and work in a team
- Able to lead and train others
- Able to work with limited resources
- Willing to work in an unstable environment
- Flexible and ability to cope with stress
- Ability to work with limited resources
- Experience living or working in developing countries