Construction and reconstruction work makes up an important part of our projects in particular in countries undergoing a phase of post-war reconstruction, or where we are launching projects in new areas.
Civil engineers/architects plan, implement, and oversee the construction and reconstruction of health facilities, and are responsible for the hiring and supervision of local staff involved in construction works. Other tasks include dealing with local suppliers, as well as ordering and monitoring the use of construction materials.
- Relevant professional qualifications and education
- Minimum two years of relevant experience
- Able to improvise and having manual skills
- Work experience in developing countries is a key asset
- Able to go on a mission for a minimum of 2 to 6 months
- Able to work with limited resources
- Able to live and work in a team
- Able to lead and train others
- Willing to work in an unstable environment
- Flexible and able to cope with stress
- Experience living or working in developing countries
We are currently looking in particular for architects and civil engineers with a good level of French. Candidates speaking only English may also apply, but speaking French at a level that will allow you to go on a francophone mission for example in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Chad, or the Central African Republic will significantly increase your chances of admission. We also very much welcome knowledge of Arabic.