In large project supply specialists are usually responsible for organizing the local and foreign purchase of materials, including transportation and importation thereof, as well as warehouse management and the redistribution of items to other projects in the country.
In accordance with local laws and MSF’s internal protocols, supply specialists must ensure the timely supply of medicines and all other materials. They are often also responsible for training local staff.
- Completed education with a technical or business focus
- Minimum two years of relevant experience
- Able to improvise, navigate through complex processes, and negotiate with local authorities
- Good with numbers and active knowledge of MS Excel
- Able to go on mission for a minimum of 6 to 9 months
- Able to work with limited resources
- Able to live and work in a team
- Able to lead and train others
- Willing to work in an unstable environment
- Flexible and able to cope with stress
- Experience living or working in developing countries